Seacoast Local is a proud member of
Small Business Resources
Food (Local Organizations)
Food (Regional/National Organizations)
Environment & Sustainability
Some of our Favorite Books:
- Small is Beautiful – A collection of essays by the noted British economist E.F. Schumacher that provides a “study of economics as if people mattered.”
- A Sand County Almanac – Essays by environmentalist Aldo Leopold in which he discusses his concept of the Land Ethic – extending the moral boundaries of ethics to include the land, and the animals and plants that grow upon it.
- Big-Box Swindle – A detailed study by Stacey Mitchell that identifies the hidden costs borne by society by large retailers and the need for public policies that support smaller, independent businesses.
- Deep Economy – An investigation of how smaller-scale sustainable economies offer the promise of greater community and environmental well-being, by the environmentalist and journalist Bill McKibben
- Locavesting – A book on the growing interest in local investing and the pioneering local investing models that are popping up around the country, by journalist Amy Cortese
- Local Dollars, Local Sense: How to Shift Your Money from Wall Street to Main Street and Achieve Real Prosperity – Local economy pioneer Michael Shuman shows investors, including the nearly 99% who are unaccredited, how to put their money into building local businesses and resilient regional economies-and profit in the process.
Studies & Publications